Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Adoption Dairies: Little Man Helps in the Nursery

We still get quite a few questions as to what we do while we're waiting on this new little Home Team addition. It's simple really, we prepare just as any of you would. We also get asked on how Little Man is doing with the whole add-a-kid thing. I will say we've done our best from the very beginning to let him see our preparations, discussions, etc. We want him to be an active family participant in planning for a younger sibling. Showing guests the newly painted baby room is one of Little Man's favorite tasks along with helping me outfit the room with all the necessities.

A few weekends ago, he got the unique opportunity to help me build the bookshelves for the room. Don't get all excited, it's not like I was using real tools or anything!

Over a two years ago, I saw the Ikea spice rack turned bookshelf post on Pinterest. Two Ikea stores and 300 miles later, I have finally done my own! For a while Ikea had discoutinued them. I completely assume crazy women on Pinterest begged to bring them back into production. Surely.


Ty loved helping out! It reminded us of the days when we used to go to Lowe's on Saturday mornings and build little projects.


He did a great job! So tedious and careful!


Here's the finished product!! Aren't they adorable!! My favorite part is that Little Man helped.

I'm sure you want to see more, but that's all the sneak peeking I'm giving away in this post! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS