Monday, June 10, 2013

Taking the Field

After a much needed blogging hiatus, I am back and ready to rock and roll with the blog again. One thing I've learned is sometimes you just need a little break.

It is with the pride and excitement that only a coach's wife can portray, that I share with you the big event from today.

My baby boy went to his first football camp.

Yep, I'm crazy excited that he was able to take the field today as a football "player."  Up until now, his only time on a football field was to run around after a home game. Today's purpose completely changed his perspective. 


He was joining the ranks of his daddy - the coach.

He began the day getting dressed quicker than he did on any single school day.  (We did have a fashion change once I saw his outfit....his too little Cowboy's jersey and his kinda big basketball shorts - what a sight!)

As I went to work, I made Coach promise to send me lots of pics. He did not disappoint! (Thank you Coach!)

The boys on their way. Can you see the excitement!?

Little Man intensely stretching before the drills.

I must say I just love the way he took the field with fervor and determination - exactly how we should approach our lives. What "field" are you stepping on this week? And will you attack it with the excitement, joy, determination and intensity that Little Man did today?

There's a lot to learn from the perspective of a child. We need to live each day to the fullest and go boldly into the world in which God called us.

This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS